Posts tagged ‘Amber’
This was my first batch of beer and turned out ok. That is all you can expect from a purely extract beer though.
Size: 5 Gallons
- 7lbs Liquid Amber Malt Extract
- 1/2 oz Cascade hops
- Filtered water to make 5 gallons
- Dried Ale Yeast
- I boiled 2 1/2 gallons of wort in two separate pots (a two gallon and one gallon pot) for 30 minutes. I believe the hops were added at the beginning of the boil.
- The wort was then added to the remaining water and cooled in an ice bath to 80° where yeast was pitched.
- OG was measured at 1.052.
- I did not take any other notes on this brew.
- The brew did not ferment enough, or perhaps it was just not very good. Either way, it tasted too thick, too sugary.
- It did mellow with age however and tasted better a month later.